You’re about setting up a small business, so you’re considering factoring in outsourcing in running your business but not sure whether it should come right at the inception of the business or later. Well, keep reading to find tips on how to decide when to bring in outsourcing in running your business.
You can actually plan to outsource from the inception of your business. It all depends on your goals. For instance, if from the beginning of setting up your business you want to focus on your core competencies and channel your talent in building your brand, outsourcing from the beginning would be great idea.
In essence, you are better off outsourcing those time-consuming tasks that won’t let you focus on your core competencies and building your brand. Typical examples of such business tasks include bookkeeping and accounting generally, and other administrative duties. You should also consider outsourcing customer service from the onset to free up time and achieve both cost-saving and quality customer support.
Also, you can choose to carry on your business tasks at the inception and outsource later, when the tasks grow and you can no longer handle them alone. In this case, you have to sit back and determine whether or not it’s time to outsource. In essence, you have to spot undeniable signs that it’s time to outsource.
It’s not only overwhelming business tasks that would determine if it is time to outsource or not. Also, in this digital era, you need to step up your game to beat the competition, and this would require hiring IT experts to help innovate your business. Such expert services can be quite cost-intensive, which leaves you with no other option but to outsource in order to cut huge cost.
- Marketing – social media marketing, email marketing, content marketing, telemarketing, product lunch and campaign, and online marketing generally.
- Call center outsourcing – This will help enhance quality customer service in a less expensive manner.
- Administrative tasks – time consuming tasks such as record-keeping and secretarial duties.
- Online marketing – Internet-based marketing can be quite time-consuming. Therefore, you should also consider outsourcing it to free up more time.
- Human resource – Even when you want to hire workers in-house, you can achieve better result in terms of hiring the right workers affordably by outsourcing your HR.
In addition to IT outsourcing, you should also consider outsourcing in-between for other business tasks such as the following;
Finally, whether you choose to outsource from the beginning, in-between, or make outsourcing a last resort, you would reap the benefits that come with outsourcing. Also, you should bear in mind that off-shore outsourcing pays better.
Daven Michaels is a New York Times Best Selling Author and CEO of premiere global outsourcing company, 123Employee. The company employs hundreds of young bright individuals on three continents. His International event, Beyond Marketing Live! Inspires entrepreneurs build & grow their business with revolutionary new theories and systems allowing them to design the business and personal lifestyle of their dreams.