Among the businesses that strive to upgrade their customer experience, over 80% of them had actually seen an increase in their incomes. It is worrisome to note that only 19% of businesses have a dedicated customer experience team to help them relate effectively with their customers
Understanding how your customers view your product remains a top priority in your effort to cut down gaps in customers’ experience. It may interest you to know that if your customers do not relate with your product the way you designed it, it would lead to poor customer appreciation.
To avoid such a de-marketing consequence, it is very crucial that you should envisage possible interaction from your customers.
These are the tips to help you fully understand what customer journey maps are meant to be.
1. Customer Journey Maps – What is it really?
Customer journey maps are just a tool with which a business can unveil how its customer interacts with a given product right from the onset of the product’s life cycle. It also deals with those things that enable the business to strive on a healthy competitive edge.
Customer journey maps can be designed for different products and situations. In the following situations, you can make out customer journey maps.
- Reaction to queries coming from social media
- Conversing with a customer care representative
- Having a correspondence with a newsletter
- Relating to a product at a selling point
- Browsing the desired CTA on a website
- The use of an application in such a way that it yields to sales.
Customer journey maps should be drawn for all the possible customer interaction that is poised to driving the desired outcome.
2. Customer journey maps – why is it needed?
Understanding the fact that your customers do not properly interact with your product or application is the first step to improving product experience. A customer journey map aids you in determining the interactive characteristics of your customers about your product. If you can successfully forecast your customers’ various interaction paths, you can effectively improve the product experience.
Customers may interact randomly with your products. This may give a different result to what they actually desired. Of course, some kind of frustration is bound to occur. Some factors could lead customers to behave the way they do to products.
- Most times, customers do not use the application the way it is designed. This also leads to further depression.
- It is the nature of people to think in a non-logical manner and to follow their own hearts. They tend to use applications based on what their interests and emotion direct them.
- More than imagined, emotion influences many individuals and is, therefore, an important determinant of their judgments and actions.
3. The looks of customer journey maps
A customer journey map takes you on a systematic journey into guessing out how your clients feel, think, and do. Customer journey maps resemble thought diaries used in hospitals.
Customer journey maps are regarded as being an important critical aspect for improving user satisfaction for any business. Hire an agency that has an adequate capacity for conducting research and as well the needed experience for delivering good customer journey maps.
Daven Michaels is a New York Times Best Selling Author and CEO of premiere global outsourcing company, 123Employee. The company employs hundreds of young bright individuals on three continents. His International event, Beyond Marketing Live! Inspires entrepreneurs to build & grow their business with revolutionary new theories and systems allowing them to design the business and personal lifestyle of their dreams.