Flexible work schedules are increasingly becoming the in-thing. While most companies considered it an additional perk to employees in time past, they are beginning to realize that they benefit more from remote work than the employees. The pandemic has shown that work-from-home or flexible work schedule offers far-reaching benefits to entrepreneurs.
These days, job seekers are drawn to more flexible job options. A study recently found that freelancing and remote work options are becoming popular in companies because of the obvious and inherent benefits.
Major Reasons Employees are Drawn to More Flexible Job Options
Over 1,500 job seekers were interviewed in a study to find out their reasons for preferring flexible work options. The responses are quite amazing and inspiring as follows;
- A whooping 74 percent echoed work-life balance as their number one reason
- 52 percent said they seek health benefits by choosing work-from-home schedules
- 52 percent said flexible work option affords them quality time with family
- Another 52 percent pointed out opportunity to get more exercise and keep fit as their major reason for seeking remote work option
- 47 percent affirmed that flexible work schedule promotes reduced commute stress and time savings
- 43 percent are more interested in the cost-savings benefit accruing from flexible work schedule
- The rest of the people said it gives them more time to travel and catch fun Companies Tend to Benefit Even More
While the above statistics show that employees enjoy tons of benefits from remote work, companies are not left out either. The recent health crisis has helped companies to realize that freelancing, outsourcing solution, remote work, work from home…whatever it may be called, comes with dozens of benefit.
One of the greatest benefits is far less money spent on equipping an office space. In fact, as some companies consider complete shutdown of a conventional office, the cost benefits will be greater. This is because they will no longer spend thousands of dollars on lavished office space and decoration.
In fact, employees would be the ones paying for their own work space in form of rents paid on the home space they are using for work. They will also shoulder utility bills responsibility and most of them even use their own computers and personal devices to execute the company’s tasks.
So, a company can focus on re-investing all the money saved into growing and expanding the business. This really means a lot to an entrepreneur – both start-ups and established entrepreneurs. Besides, a company can get to hire the best talents in any part of the world – this is only possible through outsourcing solution and flexible work option.
Daven Michaels is a New York Times Best Selling Author and CEO of premiere global outsourcing company, 123Employee. The company employs hundreds of young bright individuals on three continents. His International event, Beyond Marketing Live! Inspires entrepreneurs to build & grow their business with revolutionary new theories and systems allowing them to design the business and personal lifestyle of their dreams