It’s important to say up front that you should keep back any automatable aspect of your business in-house. On the other hand, you should outsource your website design to save time and achieve higher quality, as well as other laborious business tasks.
Big thanks to the Inspiration behind the advent of the internet, people are now connected globally. The world is indeed becoming a global village. This is why outsourcing is booming — you can be in the United States and hire an expert in the Philippine without both parties leaving their different locations.
Indeed, outsourcing has continuously been a helpful business tool, especially with the aid of the internet. With outsourcing, entrepreneurs are able to leverage a larger pool of skills and gain low-cost labor benefit. And, since they can delegate responsibilities without breaking the bank, freeing up time for more cogent tasks is one of the greatest benefits that business owners generate from outsourcing solution.
However, outsourcing may not work in all situations, depending on the nature of your business, and what you want to achieve. So, in deciding whether to go for full-time workers or outsourced workers, here are some submissions to ponder on;
1: What to Outsource
In line with the fact that the needs of businesses vary in terms of functions and positions, you should take a look at the following roles that should be outsourced;
- Website – Website design experts know the features and elements that would make your website fit in and compete favorably. As a result, you are better off outsourcing your website design and development.
- Marketing – The aspects of marketing covered in this case include social media marketing, inbound marketing, sales copy creation, and SEO.
- Help Desk – You will be doing your company harm by offering poor customer service. Therefore, you should outsource your help desk to super-efficient call centers.
2: What to Keep In-House
Thankfully, you can leverage technology to automate many aspects of your business. While you will spend more by putting your tasks on auto-pilot, it will help you save time, plus you won’t have to hire experts for every aspect of your business. Even if you can’t do full automation, you can consider partial automation of some tasks.
Typical examples of tasks that business owners and managers should consider automating include the following;
- Email marketing – with the help of tech tools such as Drip
- Social Media – using MeetEdgar or Buffer tool
- Customer service – using the Temper software program.
- …and so on.
Finally, it is important to reiterate that the particular role to outsource or keep in-house will vary from business to business or company to company. But generally, you should consider keeping HR in-house, including succession planning and security.
Daven Michaels is a New York Times Best Selling Author and CEO of premiere global outsourcing company, 123Employee. The company employs hundreds of young bright individuals on three continents. His International event, Beyond Marketing Live! inspires entrepreneurs to build & grow their business with revolutionary new theories and systems allowing them to design the business and personal lifestyle of their dreams.