Your customers are the most valued asset you have as a business owner. This is why customer reception service is very vital. In fact, it is not enough offering reception service to your customers, you should be sure the service is superb and top-notch in order to retain and attract more customers. Should you go for onshore or offshore outsourced reception services?
First, What is the Difference between Onshore and Offshore Outsourcing?
When you outsource the business task of any kind to providers within the shores of your country, you’ve accomplished onshore outsourcing. This form or type of outsourcing is also known as domestic outsourcing. On the other hand, when you outsource a business function such as back-office functions to an employee outside of the shores of your country, you’ve accomplished offshore outsourcing. In essence, the employee is working from another country.
Onshore or Offshore Reception Service Outsourcing?
Well, this is a million dollar question. The truth is, whether you choose to outsource to employees in your country or outside your country depends on what you want to achieve.
For instance, many companies who hire reception service providers in other countries often want to achieve the following results and benefits;
- Cut back as much cost as possible, on the basis that onshore customer service reps often quote very high service rates.
- Maximize profit by cutting back cost. Since the offshore customer service reps offer up to 60 or 70 percent cost slash, companies and businesses are able to maximize profit by spending less on customer service.
- Beating the time zone. Customers are able to get their complaints resolved at any time of the day because the offshore workers often embark on rotational duty schedule. As a result, customer service goes on round the clock, even at seemingly odd hours.
- …and more.
In a similar manner, companies and businesses that rather opt for on-shore outsourced reception services may seek to achieve the following results and benefits;
- Maximize quality service to their esteemed customers.
- Use native speakers for their customer service to eliminate language and accent barriers.
- Being able to physically visit the call center with ease and when necessary.
- Keeping job at home instead of taking it to other countries
- …and more.
So, it all depends on what you are seeking to achieve. Now, when it comes to issuing of maximizing quality service, it is not a far-fetched outcome with offshore call centers as some people erroneously think. You only need to exercise due diligence and tact when finding and hiring a provider.
You should go with the option (either onshore or offshore customer service) that works best for your outsourced reception services need.
Daven Michaels is a New York Times Best Selling Author and CEO of premiere global outsourcing company, 123Employee. The company employs hundreds of young bright individuals on three continents. His International event, Beyond Marketing Live! inspires entrepreneurs to build & grow their business with revolutionary new theories and systems allowing them to design the business and personal lifestyle of their dreams.